Cold and flu season is just around the corner, and we've all heard the old adage that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends several simple measures that can be taken to avoid getting the flu or cold.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
- Routinely clean and disinfect surfaces
- Avoid touching your face (mouth, nose, eyes) with unwashed hands
- Stay home when you are sick
Soap, disinfectant, paper towels, and a little common sense can go a long way in helping to keep you, your family, and your co-workers healthier this winter.