Sudsy Ammonia is a great all-purpose cleaner for boats and jewelry. However, it can be hard to find in stores and online. Luckily the ingredients are readily available, and the solution can be easily made in your kitchen. Here is the "recipe" ...
Ingredients & Supplies
Dawn dishwashing liquid
Plastic bottle with trigger spray
Funnel (to pour ammonia)
Rubber gloves (to protects hands)
Protective eyewear like goggles (to protect eyes)
Indelible marker (like a Sharpie)
- Mix ratio: 2/3 water to 1/3 ammonia and a squirt of dishwashing liquid
- Wear the gloves and protective eyewear and work in a well-ventilated area.
- Place the plastic bottle in your kitchen sink and fill it with tap water until it is about 2/3 full.
- Using the funnel, pour ammonia into the bottle so that bottle is almost full. (Obviously, do not completely fill bottle to rim. You will need to add soap and shake.)
- Add a squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Screw the trigger spray cap on to the bottle. Make sure it is TIGHTLY closed.
- Gently shake the bottle.
- With indelible marker, write "Sudsy Ammonia" and "POISON / Do not mix with Bleach" on the bottle.
You are ready to clean.